[LMB] Was lusting after Aral, Now Frivolity (and Nutella)

Sue Pittak sukiyaki531 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 04:46:46 BST 2013

Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 16:48:31 -0700
From: "Meg Justus" <mmegaera at nwlink.com>
Subject: [LMB] Was lusting after Aral, Now Frivolity (and Nutella)

Megaera:
>I take it Benadryl antihistamine doesn't do it for you?  One Benadryl and
>I'm out for the count for *hours.*

>who will also never, ever understand the concept of anyone getting addicted
>to Oxycontin -- all it does is make me sleep and stop up my digestive
>plumbing to the point of almost no return -- it's actually better just to
>deal with pain in other ways, even after surgery

Benadryl doesn't do it for me, either, but most people I know swear by it.
Same for Nyquil, which used to work for me. Alka Seltzer Plus also used to
work for head congestion. I think they changed the formula to make it
"non-drowsy" - boy, is it ever! I'm such a lousy sleeper to begin with, and
every OTC thing I've tried just makes me hyper. And *weird **weird *dreams
for the 20 minutes or so that I actually sleep every four hours until I
could take the next dose.

I wish Oxycontin made me sleep - I swear, the only that ever did make me
sleep is codeine. Stopped the cough - and everything else!!! Whoo!
Oxycontin seemed to do nothing at all after my surgeries (knee
replacements) and made me wonder what the heck the attraction was, or how
people get addicted to it at all. Why would a person take a drug that
didn't work long enough to get addicted, or high or whatever... A
mystery...

I think quite a few OTC meds have changed their formulas since the meth
craze, especially since it seems to have reached epidemic proportions.
Might have to check out Nyquil again, just in case.

Sue