[LMB] AKICOTL - new(ish) sf/f novel with Regency flavour?

Jacki Knight jacki at knightech.com.au
Tue Dec 31 07:39:25 GMT 2013

On 31/12/2013, at 4:26 PM, Eileen McConnell wrote:

> In despair of my own memory, I turn to the all-knowing List!  Some time ago
> I was browsing the shelves at Barnes & Noble and saw a book that proclaimed
> to be a Regency fantasy; it was a trade paperback, though, so I didn't buy
> it.  Now it's missing entirely and I can't remember the title or author!
>
> Much as it pains me to be That Person, the only detail I can recall (aside
> from the publishing format) was that the cover had a lady in a
> historical/Regency dress.
>
> This was the only place I could think of with significant overlap between
> "people who read SF/F" and "people who read Regency romances" and thus
> might have picked up the book I'm seeking!
>
> Please help?!  Thank you all so very much!

Is this possibly the Mary Robinette Kowal series that starts with "Shades of Milk and Honey", and is followed by "Glamour in Glass", "Without a Summer" and "Valour & Vanity"?

The covers certainly feature ladies in Regency dress.

Jacki in Canberra - patiently awaiting the fourth volume. OK, only somewhat patiently!