[LMB] Life imitates fiction?

Michael R N Dolbear m.dolbear at lineone.net
Wed May 1 14:27:33 BST 2013

> From: Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com>
> Date: 01 May 2013 09:44
>
> While innocently shopping today I saw a game - 'Rising Star of Real
Estate'
>  which 'raises children's business ability' and will 'develop
children's potential
> of money keeping'.
>
> Just for a moment I wondered if it was a Terran version of Great House.
Or
> an early ancestor, at least.
>
> I couldn't resist buying it*, but it's not quite the same as Tej's
Great House
> game. It's actually a Monopoly ripoff, based on real estate around
Canberra.

But are you allowed to cheat ?

I note that there are some card games (Bezique) where you are allowed to
revoke (play a trump even if you have the suite led) and some people,
properly brought up, find this very difficult to internalise.

Michael Dolbear,
Little Egret in Walton-on-Thames