[LMB] nonverbal fanac

Elizabeth Stowe estowe427 at gmail.com
Thu May 9 12:48:35 BST 2013

>> http://pinterest.com/merriank/barrayar-dreaming/
>
> Wow.  Those images are striking.  It's quite amazing (a few quibbles
> with people aside)

notably Aral, as there is no depiction of Oliver Reed, right? I can
indeed see Ekaterin as a not-much-older Olivia Hussey, as she played
Juliet in 1968. Did you know that the first gown you see her in
weighed something around 100 lbs? Not just the weight, but filming in
an Italian summer. Dedicated to her art, she was.

> how much they look like my own mental visuals of Barrayar.

Certainly the landscape ones. Loved the gowns, and I agree on the
various assignments of them to Cordelia and to Alys.

SaffronRose at me.com
A. Marina Fournier
"I grabbed a pile of dust, and holding it up, foolishly asked for as
many birthdays as the grains of dust, I forgot to ask that they be
years of youth. " ? Ovid (Metamorphoses)

es: Really? If you get to Pisa, many of the costumes from the movie
are on display. The gowns don't look that heavy. But women have been
wearing seemingly unwearable clothing forever, and continue to.