[LMB] OT: English does not include Scottish

fishman at panix.com fishman at panix.com
Sat May 11 23:15:05 BST 2013

The Met Titles system cost $2.3 million, but that was eight years ago. The problem with supertitles for The Met is the size of the proscenium (54 feet wide by 54 feet high) and the size of the house. The supertitles would be more than 140 feet from some seats and so to make them visible from the far seats, they would be distractively large from the close seats. The Music Director (James Levine) swore that The Met would never use supertitles because he considered them taking away from the action on the stage, and Levine generally got his way. He accepted the Met Titles because the viewer can turn them off.

Harvey

Sent from my iPad