[LMB] AKICOT:L Tolkien fic recs?

Damien Sullivan phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Sun May 19 05:39:46 BST 2013

On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 12:33:16AM +0100, John Lennard wrote:
> Does anyone know of any Tolkien fics they'd especially recommend?
>
> I'm _not_ interested in slash, Legomances, or Mary Sues (with the sole,
> slightly bemused exception of Boz4PM's "Don't Panic" and sequel). Nor am I

I haven't read much Tolkien fanfic, and this may not be what you want
though it's not any of the above, but a Black Company crossover fic was
amusing.

http://m.fanfiction.net/s/6668903/1/

"In those days the Company was in service to the Eye of Barad-dur, the
Dark Lord of Mordor."

Someone wrote Appendix fanfic.
http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?507502-LOTR-The-Lost-Appendices

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1457886/1/Slouching-Toward-Gondolin

Harry Potter Silmarilion
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2899679/1/To_Face_the_Wolf

Gimli repairs his axe
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/883019/1/Repairs

I also know of various re-intepretations, such as Dark Lord Tom
Bombadil, though they're not written as fics.

-xx- Damien X-)