[LMB] Villainous Barrayar

Damien Sullivan phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Thu May 23 20:25:47 BST 2013

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 02:50:03PM -0400, Sue Pittak wrote:

> of its roots here on Earth. Unfortunately. Poor Barrayar seems to be the
> only one with that awful rep, despite the fact that Barrayar is a young
> whippersnapper compared to all the other Nexus worlds. From what we see by

It's one of the older colonies, actually.  All those Bloody Centuries.
It's 'young' only in terms of contact with the Nexus.

> As many have said here, there's not a developed country in the world that
> doesn't have it its own equivalent of the Caravansarai or Silvy Vale.

Urban ghettoes, yes.  The caravanserai as described in _Barrayar_, not
so much.  And such things don't speak well of modern countries that have
them, but this gets into modern politics.

-xx- Damien X-)