[LMB] OT: Australian Trains

Raye Johnsen raye_j at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 20 02:58:30 BST 2013

Re: Judy's idea of putting a caravan on a train to go across Australia:

It's doable, but why would you want to? To pay for your seat on the train and then to pay for the storage space for the caravan, when you need only pay for your seat?  If you want to use the caravan in places where there aren't any trains, the two options most Australians use is to either drive and use the caravan the whole way (most popular), or to hire an RV where the train ends and the road begins (we have a big caravan-hiring industry).

My parents were checking out going to the US and travelling via a Winnebago.  It actually was cheaper to buy one second hand, use it for three months and then resell it that it would have been to hire one.  That's kind of crazy, but I guess it is easier to sell a house than rent one out.

Re Stacey:

I'm glad your parents had a good time!

Raye

raye_j at yahoo.com
http://windtear.livejournal.com
http://www.thejohnsens.com/index.html

I believe in dragons, unicorns, good men
and other mythical creatures.