[LMB] Gardening experiences, was School Is no Place for a Reader OT:

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 1 13:08:11 BST 2013

> From: "A. Marina Fournier" saffronrose at me.com

> On 31 Aug 2013, at 08:44, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > The back lawn is a bit of a challenge, as it slopes down towards the top
> > of the cliff (yes, it's fenced, but the slope makes mowing an interesting
> > challenge.)

> Are there goats to rent in your area? They are quite popular in the Bay Area, especially in hard to handle mechanically terrain. They do the best job of clearing treacherous poison oak and the highly invasive Himalayan Blackberry. I'd love to see what they'd do with an infestation of kudzu.

I had a lot of trouble with Lantana (it's classed as a noxious weed,
I have quite a few noxious weeds.) Goats wouldn't help, though -
the lantana was growing up the cliff. And it's tough.

We have goats around the area, but I don't think you can rent them.
Also cows, horses and alpaca. Maybe I'll get an alpaca, they're cute.
I've dealt with goats before, they're all crazed.

Gwynne