[LMB] Gardening experiences, was School Is no Place for a Reader OT:

Paula Lieberman paal at filker.org
Tue Sep 3 02:13:05 BST 2013

Most of the lawn care workers here seem to be Hispanic males, even though
the countries they;re from, are a very long distance away.  Many of them are
not in the USA with --work authorizations--it's a situation of high effort
hard work, low pay, and people who accept hard work and low pay and are
trying to keep a low profile, and are exploitable--not as bad as the
situation Cazaril was on when a galley slave, but....