[LMB] OT: Goats, was *Ahem* fertiliser, was Gardening experiences

Helen Fenton hifenton at internode.on.net
Tue Sep 3 12:32:25 BST 2013

On 03/09/2013, at 8:17 PM, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:

>> From: Raymond Collins rcrcoll6 at gmail.com
>
>> I wish I had goats for my 1/4 acre lawn. Unfortunately it is frowned on by
>> my neighborhood board association. I predict that in, oh say, about 2030 or
>> 2040 we all shall be sharing in goats and sheep to cut our lawns. And, the
>> biggest land dispute between neighbors is how much poop they leave on our
>> lawns.
>>      "I saw  you sneak into my backyard and take Taky's poop to fertilize
>> your front lawn. How dare you!"
>>       "how Dare you accuse me of stealing your poop!"
>>      It's my poop damn you, You poop thief!"
>>      and so it goes.
>
> And Barrayar had a war about manure....
>
> Gwynne (dragging this back on topic!)

Helen dragging it off topic again

Goats do wonderful things for your lawn. Mine was lush and green in the backyard where the goats were and dry, sparse and brown in the front yard. The guy that did my lawns used to complain bitterly because he had to empty the grass catcher so often.  I couldn't see what his problem was since it meant that he had to mow more often and get paid more often. Now he complains because I don't have the goats and my lawns require much less attention.