[LMB] Beta Colony's lasting technology

Raymond Collins rcrcoll6 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 06:28:49 BST 2013

Here's a possible take on why Beta has maintains a technological edge.
     The hostile environment of  the colonist's planet has forced them to
push their technological edge forward because they want to expand their
population. On Earth it would take a X amount of technology to Y amount of
effort to have offspring. On Beta that Y amount of effort would be
multiplied by the difficulty of living in a hostile environment. Therefor,
the amount of resources invested in X(technology) would be greater. So, the
more efficient their technology is the less effort that they would need.
     So, hypothetically, If you were to excavate a cavern to build a city
the more efficient your tools are the easier it would be to build your
cities the faster you can expand your population Q.E.D.  YES!!
     Well that' my hypotheses.