[LMB] OT: real world implants

Sue Cone suecone at mindspring.com
Sat Sep 7 19:47:02 BST 2013

RE IUDs -- had one inserted after my two children were born, at which
point I completely forgot about it.  Completely.  It was removed 40+
years later (I'm 72) when my new gyn doctor asked about it.  Nary a
problem. And no unexpected pregnancies back when that was still
possible.  FWIW it was a Copper 7.  The fear of lawsuits after the
Dalkon shield problems were screamed in the media seem to have spooked a
lot of US doctors about IUDs.

Sue
--
Sue Cone and the Chesapeakes
CH/OTCH Getty UDX2, UOCH UUDX Hannah UDX3 OM3 VER

"The issue today is the same as it has been throughout all history,
whether man shall be allowed to govern himself or be ruled by a small
elite."  Thomas Jefferson