[LMB] OT: sleep remedies

Heather Harper harpingheather at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 20:51:27 BST 2013

On Sep 7, 2013 2:12 PM, "Matthew George" <matt.msg at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm afraid I have no potential suggestions other than carbohydrates, and
> that's hardly without metabolism repercussions.
>
> If you can deal with the light of day, you might want to simply try
keeping
> a different sleep cycle (26.7 or whatever).  We have to learn to be
> diurnal, presumably it can be unlearned.  As long as you're rested, who
> cares whether it's day or night out?

Quite a lot of your sub-systems as it happens.  Your skin needs the sun to
make vitamin D. Sure you can pop vitamins but it doesn't have the same
whole-system benefit. Studies have shown that people who have to work night
shift have a significantly raised likliehood of developing cancer.

I'd go on but I'm trapped in the backseat while my toddler "drives" and I
can't access more on my phone easily.