[LMB] OT: sleep remedies

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Sun Sep 8 08:17:09 BST 2013

On 7 Sep 2013, at 09:47, mmegaera at nwlink.com wrote:
> I put an extra quilt over the foot of my bed at night even in the summertime.  Sometimes I wake just before dawn to pull it up, sometimes it just stays at the foot of my bed and keeps my feet warm.

Actually, mine's AT, not over, the foot of the bed, also just-in-case.

> This is also why a duvet doesn't work for me.  I need to be able to adjust the quantity of covers more precisely than I can with a duvet, which basically has two positions, off and on, and the *last* thing that works for me to cool off is to stick an extremity out from under the covers.  That just makes me overheated with a cold extremity.

Whereas for me, it does work. Then, for some reason I don't understand, my shoulders have to be covered, or the rest of me gets very cold. In the hot nights of summer, not so much.

> I need a cool room and plenty of covers.  In the plural.

I love snuggling/bundling up. The number of covers I use on my side of the bed depends on just how cold it is in the winter of this house, because the heat is great in the hallway, but nowhere else, really. Might work better if you keep your door open to let the heat seep in, but well.

I do have my "sleep snake" which is a "spa wrap"--about 6"x18"--with a crushed velvet cover (also available in plush, or plain cotton) that goes over my cranium/eyes/ears. It often seems to lull me to sleep, whether on my side or on my back (rarely). I can sleep without it, but mostly don't.

A. Marina Fournier
saffronrose at me.com
We are the cosmos made conscious and life is the means by which the universe understands itself. - Brian Cox (via Tamara Temple)