[LMB] OT: sleep remedies

Carol Cooper carolcooper at shaw.ca
Mon Sep 9 22:43:43 BST 2013

Howard Brazee wrote

Pet wrote
> > Acetaminophin.  Most of the world knows it as paracetamol.
>
> I thought that was funny when I looked it up - is our generic not very
> generic?

I may be missing your point, but Tylenol isn't a generic name - it's a brand
name.  In Britain (and Australia seems, as often as not, to be similar)
although paracetamol is available under different brand names (including
'Panadol') it's more commonly referred to by its generic name which is
'paracetamol'.  In North America they also seem to use the generic name
'acetaminophen'.

Carol