[LMB] OT: sleep remedies

Jeff Shultz jeffshultz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 22:47:38 BST 2013

"Acetaminophen" is the only generic term I've heard for it here in the
States, so I can see why Howard would find having the rest of the
world referring to it by a _different_ generic term would be funny.

After all, if a term in generic, there really ought to only be one of them.

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 2:43 PM, Carol Cooper <carolcooper at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Howard Brazee wrote
>
> Pet wrote
>> > Acetaminophin.  Most of the world knows it as paracetamol.
>>
>> I thought that was funny when I looked it up - is our generic not very
>> generic?
>>
> I may be missing your point, but Tylenol isn't a generic name - it's a brand
> name.  In Britain (and Australia seems, as often as not, to be similar)
> although paracetamol is available under different brand names (including
> 'Panadol') it's more commonly referred to by its generic name which is
> 'paracetamol'.  In North America they also seem to use the generic name
> 'acetaminophen'.
>
> Carol

Jeff Shultz
http://www.shultzinfosystems.com