[LMB] OT: Owl or Lark? was sleep remedies

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Tue Sep 10 12:52:40 BST 2013

On Sep 9, 2013, at 10:54 PM, BlueRose <stacey at xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> S- what I dont understand is why we ever go OFF daylight savings hours, esp here in NZ when we are so far south that the sun doesnt rise til 8am and sets before 5pm in the middle of winter, so what difference does an hour make either way ???  I am so completely a night owl its not funny - my natural time frame is 10-11am wakeup and bed time around 2am if I had the choice, and it takes me nearly a month to adjust when we go onto DST.
>
> Truly dont understand why we just don't go on it and stay on it.  Would make accounting for timezones etc a lot easier when you have to contact people :)

If it was a permanent thing, then people would adjust.    Just as some work places and schools start at one hour and others at another hour now - the companies would adjust to what they want.    Full time DST would become the same as no time DST.

China has a single time zone.    I wonder how much local businesses vary their hours from the East and the West.