[LMB] OT: Foreigners did not believe about America until they got there

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 13 01:03:32 BST 2013

A lot of bottled water is tap water, I've heard. So why is pop cheaper than water? Just economy of scale? The pop companies have their set-up up and running, while the water people are still in early days?

I also want to know how big a "bag of grapes" are. Fruit isn't cheap in Japan, and water . . . well, I can find a 2-liter bottle for 98 yen if I look hard (approx. US$1), but it's generally 198 yen. Unless it's imported by Costco, LOL.

A lot of crazy things.

I only looked at the first answer because when I logged into google, it was taking a ridiculous amount of "dead" time for my account to take. That kind of thing makes me very nervous.

Interesting post, though.

Micki