[LMB] OT: Green Chicken Enchiladas

Pat Mathews mathews55 at msn.com
Tue Sep 17 14:36:10 BST 2013

> From: jrj at fidalgo.net
> To: lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk
> Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 00:36:43 -0400
> Subject: Re: [LMB] OT:  Green Chicken Enchiladas
>
> No, but --  en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coriander‎  -- Coriander (Coriandrum
> sativum), also known as cilantro, Chinese parsley or dhania, is an annual
> herb in the family Apiaceae.
>
> ...And I finally found out what spice I was allergic to:  Cilantro.  And,
> betcha, coriander.  Might be why I've always disliked Mexican food, without
> ever realizing the true cause.  Of course, I might be allergic to the red
> hot stuff as well as just disliking it.  But enough cilantro will send me to
> the emergency for a shot, although in small amounts it just makes my lips
> swell up.
>
> --
> Entwife Judy
> Who believes the status quo is seldom well enough to be let alone

P.S. T. Neill clearly rewrote this recipe to be Gringo Gourmet - you can tell by the ingredients list, more French than Mexican.

Tomatillos are a major ingredient in salsas of various sorts. I need to check on whether tomatillo season has come and gone out here - don't remember seeing them at the Grower's Market lately.