[LMB] OT: AKICOTL, Norteno Cooking question

Carol Cooper carolcooper at shaw.ca
Tue Sep 17 17:31:23 BST 2013

Howard shared his chili recipe.

Sounds good Howard, and similar to the recipe I use, but with one or two
different ingredients.  I'd love to try this version but can you please
elucidate on one ingredient -

> 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce

What is this?  To me tomato sauce is the stuff that Heinz sells in bottles
and North Americans call ketchup.  Now, I'm wondering if it's tomato puree
(aka tomato paste) but I've never heard that called tomato sauce.  I've
heard the stuff that you put on pasta, sold in big glass jars, called tomato
sauce.  I'm going to guess it's tomato paste, but it's going to have a fair
old effect on the recipe if I guess wrong!
Carol