[LMB] Completely OT: Diskworld Kindle Alert!!!

Katherine Collett kcollett at hamilton.edu
Tue Sep 17 20:26:25 BST 2013

On Sep 17, 2013, at 12:39 PM, Mark Allums <mark at allums.com> wrote:

>> Having just purchased them all... what order should I read them in?
>> --
>> Jeff Shultz
>
> The Color of Magic before The Light Fantastic, Sourcery before Equal Rites, and Mort any time after whichever you read first. Actually, just any time.

Yes, but I would agree with those who say to leave the first two (Color of Magic and Light Fantastic) till later.  Sourcery, Equal Rites, and then Mort would work just fine.  And then we'll just step out of your way as you rush to the library/bookstore/Kindle store for more Pratchett.

Here's a graphic of reading order, which demonstrates the complications involved: http://www.co.uk.lspace.org/books/reading-order-guides/the-discworld-reading-order-guide-20.jpg

Publication order, however, is much more straightforward: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discworld#Novels

Katherine