[LMB] Completely OT: Diskworld Kindle Alert!!!

Elizabeth Holden azurite at rogers.com
Tue Sep 17 21:30:11 BST 2013

Jeff asks, re the Discoworld novels:

> So it isn't a case of "one book follows another" in some sort of
> chronological sequence?

Sort of.  It's more like a series of interbraided threads, each with its own sequence of events following the actions of certain people, with overlap in setting and characters - I'd want to read the Tiffany Aching books in order, or the Sam Vimes books, or the Moist Von Lipwig books, but they're later.  DEATH appears in a lot of them, and so does The Patrician, who rules Ankh-Morport.
Of the ones you mentioned, I don't think it matters much which goes first. I'd suggest starting with "Equal Rites", because I loved it so much.

namaste,
Elizabeth