[LMB] 9 Women Who Shaped Science Fiction

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 18 22:50:15 BST 2013

> From: Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net>

Snips
> The authors I hadn't heard of may have shaped some - only if they were known and emulated by later authors.

Considering how small the field was then, and how limited the
pool of writers, (and also that people who COULD read tended
to read a great deal), I'd guess that the few writers in the field
back then did influence the next, down the chain. Simply existing
at all was a feat worth noticing, for women writers in those times.

Gwynne