[LMB] OT: 9 Women Who Shaped Science Fiction

Paula Lieberman paal at filker.org
Thu Sep 19 04:01:44 BST 2013

Old classic SF where the conflict was of the nature of protagonist trying to
accomplish something--build spaceship, colonize new planet, make successful
first contact,  find a mate... did NOT necessarily require dystopic
elements.

Walter Jon Williams' Drake Majistral novels didn't have them--Drake was a
competitor in a galactic competition.