[LMB] Cats, was CONCORDANCE FOR HONOUR HARRINGTON BOOKS

Paula Lieberman paal at filker.org
Tue Sep 24 05:11:48 BST 2013

No, no.
Humans didn't domesticate cats, cats domesticated people--cats, as had dogs,
started hanging around people, because in the vicinity of people, was lots
of food for dogs, and for cats.  The dogs and cats of their own volition
moved in with the people, not the people catching the dogs and cats to be
pets, originally.

(It still happens.  People have had cats show up and demand to join the
household, for example.  And I had relatives who had two successive cats,
bring home kittens as their replacements!

Then theres' the sphinx in Cryoburn.... I wonder if it wants a pet cat?
,