[LMB] OT: In search of knowledge

Eric Oppen technomad at intergate.com
Wed Sep 25 06:20:13 BST 2013

I've been looking for some software to download videos from places
like Youtube to my own machine---I'm in the habit of archiving
everything I can, ever since I lost some things I wanted to save when
the owners took them down, long ago.

I know of freeware programs that do this, but all of them seem to have
problems---malware, spyware and general nastiness.  And I don't have a
software store in town I can go to for information.

Does anybody have any recommendations, whether freeware or other?  I'd
prefer a program that can handle any format of video.