[LMB] Setting the story up

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 14 07:26:21 GMT 2014

Actually, I think I was surprised by one of her murder mysteries (I've only read one -- it was about the jolly old actor who was trying to have a nice Christmas party for his very ill-tempered relatives). I suspected the right murderer early on, but the method surprised me a great deal.  I'm not sure why that one worked for me. The characters were all quite mean. I think it was the love triangle that kept me interested, and that there was one character out of all of them who wasn't as self-centered and grumpy as most of the other ones. Oh, and there was a lost book, which kept me going when I thought, "I would have murdered the old goat, too, and most of his guests." I did worry about the book.  Don't want to spoil the story, though.  Micki