[LMB] Marrying out of Vor

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Wed Dec 17 03:00:38 GMT 2014

> On Dec 16, 2014, at 16:16, Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> That's why 17th Century Germany had so many petty Frieherrs and Ritters cluttering up the landscape, collecting tolls, etc; and Poland was even worse!
>
> I used to work with one Philipp graf von Matruschka - from a
> German/Czech family, but now resident in Ireland. To confuse the hell
> out of everyone, he had a refined but obvious Southern Irish accent.

My brother had a 6th grade teacher in almost pure-white Winsted, CT who was a black man from Jamaica, named Pattyfoot, who called himself black Irish.    Every year his class worked to earn money for a trip to Jamaica back before such school money-raising things were common.   My brother was in the last year he did it, as other 6th grade class parents complained that it was unfair that their kids didn't get to go.