[LMB] Any new projects?

Paula Lieberman paal at filker.org
Mon Dec 22 22:40:43 GMT 2014

Another factor I think tht is people start speculating, there can be
copyright issues such that lots of authors  get apprehensive about issues up
to and including-lawsuits regarding intellectual property rights.

I try to be careful and generally put in basically quit claims that if I
come up with an idea for what happens to a characters or new characters or
situtations for some author's characters/settings/etc., that I cede the
rights to the author, if I think the author might see it and I suspect the
author has the issues metioned above.

Also as noted in the quoted material, authors talking about what they are
working on, creates expectations on the part of readers--some readers are
HIGHLY lacking in tact/couth/respect/empathy, and can become extremely
offensive and obnoxious regarding "Where is that story you said you were
working on? Why are you doing anything except writing what you said you
would be doing and why is that book which you were talking about last
month/last year/three years ago/five years ago/a decade ago out, you rotting
piece of lying [perjoratives]!!!???"

--Paula Lieberman