[LMB] OT: Seasonal Stuff, was Happy Winter....

Walter Bushell proto at panix.com
Sun Dec 28 15:38:14 GMT 2014

On Dec 28, 2014, at 9:24 AM, Paula Lieberman wrote:

> Welcome to Mercantile Megalomania.
> The day after, if not weeks before, some Event happens, all the merchandise related to it get firesaled--clearance stickers put on them and marked down to get rid of them.  Their places on shelves get replace with merchandise for climate/events weeks to months in advance--the Valentine's Day themed stuff is on shelves now, and St Patrick's Day themes mercandise. And even though it's not even January, winter clothing clearancing started days ago in the USA.
>
> Eggnog get regarded as seasonal merchandise, and if you d didn't buy it advance to have past Christmas, -tough-.  Note also the most of the "pumpkin spcie" stuff and canned pumpkin, even though pumpkin is a [technically fruit] which  stores well and lasts for month, has a "limited period" season from just before Halloween, to Thanksgiving Day--there's  big clearance point at Halloween, and an another at Thanksgiving Day.
>
> --Paula Lieberman
> -----Original Message----- From: Howard Brazee
> Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2014 08:48 AM
> To: Discussion of the works of Lois McMaster Bujold.
> Subject: Re: [LMB] Happy Winterfare Everyone!
>
> It's funny that a week ago the local supermarket had lots of different brands of egg nog - but they are all gone now.   I guess it is holiday fare.
>
> But if someone likes egg nog, why would he only like it one month out of the year?

Ah, it's not hard to make, if you like it that much and if you do then you probably should,
it'll be better than store bought.

And pumpkin spice is available on Amazon and no doubt from on and off line retailers of many types.

But in a world that has lost it's seasons food wise to a great extent, it's good to hold
some foods as seasonal.

--
Never blame on stupidity what can be attributed to greed.