[LMB] OT: Seasonal Stuff, was Happy Winter....

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Sun Dec 28 15:47:26 GMT 2014

> On Dec 28, 2014, at 08:38, Walter Bushell <proto at panix.com> wrote:
>
>> It's funny that a week ago the local supermarket had lots of different brands of egg nog - but they are all gone now.   I guess it is holiday fare.
>>
>> But if someone likes egg nog, why would he only like it one month out of the year?
>>

> Ah, it's not hard to make, if you like it that much and if you do then you probably should,
> it'll be better than store bought.

Sure.   I was commenting more about the oddity of what the stores expect.    Although "better" is subjective when talking about tastes.

> And pumpkin spice is available on Amazon and no doubt from on and off line retailers of many types.

I prefer the recipe on the Libby's can myself.

> But in a world that has lost it's seasons food wise to a great extent, it's good to hold
> some foods as seasonal.

I kind of see this.   But seasonal foods started off as shortages - similar to any other shortages.   I know that thirsty people appreciate water much more than people with plenty of water.   How many of us are willing to go very thirsty to keep that appreciation?