[LMB] Searching for an essay on The Sharing Knife

John Lennard john.c.lennard at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 17:34:13 GMT 2014

Laura: No - those are good essays, yes, but not the ones I was looking for.

The one I'm thinking of was much more internal structure and how
earlier things related and were called back again by later parts of
the story and such, and less on outside influences.

Still hoping to find it.

John: Didn't think that sounded like me, though the essay in Croft's vol.
does have some observations about structure. I'd like to see it myself --
sounds interesting -- but my google-fu isn't turning up any obvious hit.

Is there anything else you can tell us about it, Laura? Did it deal with
all four volumes (which would mean 2009 or later), or a subset of nos 1-3?
Is there any odd word or phrase that sticks in your mind? Or if you're on
the same computer you had when you read it, might a history search pop
anything?

There's more stuff on TSK out there than I had realised, though a
distressing percentage of reviews, at Goodreads and elsewhere, are by folk
who very clearly Did Not Get what Lois was about, or were too busy going
"Ew! Girl cooties" that their braisn had stopped working altogether. *Sigh*

www.humanities-ebooks.co.uk

*Tolkien's Triumph: The Strange History of *The Lord of the Rings
Just how did a 1000-page book with 6 appendices come to sell 8,500 copies
per day?

Available from Amazon's Kindle Stores and in paper from Skoobebooks.

*Talking Sense About *Fifty Shades of Grey*, or Fanfiction, Feminism, and
BDSM*
The story the media *isn't* telling ...

Available from Amazon's Kindle Stores.