[LMB] Seasonal Stuff, was Happy Winter....

Karen Hunt huntkc at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 15:05:03 GMT 2014

On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 9:53 AM, Walter Bushell <proto at panix.com> wrote:

> On Dec 29, 2014, at 9:21 AM, Howard Brazee wrote:
>

> >> On Dec 29, 2014, at 02:00, Paula Lieberman <paal at filker.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> Unripe apples are green.  Ripe apples can be red, striped with red,
> green, yellow....   but unripe ones, are green.
> >

> > Green blackberries are red.
>
> And ripe Granny Smith apples are green. Even on Barrayar. Hmm, not much
> mention of fruit
> in the Vor universe. Peach tarts, yes. But we have no knowledge of apples
> of any denomination
> on Barrayar.

Well, there are brillberries, which are red and grow in patches along a
ravine.

And, actually, in Mountains of Mourning, Lem Csurik had an apple that he
fed to Fat Ninny just before he turned himself in to Miles; presumably it
was locally grown.

And the quaddies had a particularly succulent pear that Miles wanted to
sneak seeds from so he could bring it to Barrayar, but it turned out to be
seedless.

Other fruits show up here and there. I could produce a more complete list
if anyone is interested.

Karen Hunt