[LMB] Happy Winterfare Everyone!

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Tue Dec 30 06:15:17 GMT 2014

On 29 Dec 2014, at 10:41, Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk> wrote:
> Personally, if I never eat turkey again it will be too soon.  I don't
> *hate* it, it's just "meh".  Fortunately, there was treacle-cured ham as
> well at the Outlaws.

*I* can’t stand American ham. Black Forest, prosciutto, jamón Iberica—all yum, except for the salt level.

Same with me for turkey. Duck I adore, haven’t had goose, can’t remember what game birds I might have had. Beef’s okay, and I’ll eat pork muscle meat. Bulk pork sausage cooking makes me ill. Lamb, oh, lamb, I adore thee. Might like mutton stew, just haven’t had any. Goat’s fine. Game mammals are fine. We had venison stroganoff for Christmas dinner over pierogi. Buffalo is too lean, but not as lean as ostrich, which will soak up so much sauce that you’d best make a triple batch if you want any sauce to remain. Had elk but not emu. Haven’t had pheasant, quail, larks, etc, but Cornish hens were tasty.

A. Marina Fournier
SaffronRose at me.com
“Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance. Great dancers are great because of their passion.” ― Martha Graham <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/47790.Martha_Graham>