[LMB] Happy Winterfare Everyone!

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Tue Dec 30 13:55:39 GMT 2014

On Mon, 29 Dec 2014 14:50:00 -0700, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net>
wrote:

>>> Sure.   Which doesn't answer my question.
>>
>> Well, it sort of does if you add in: "They don't care about what you
>> want."
>>
>> Other than in aggregate.
>
>Let me rephrase my question:   Why do people who like egg nog in December dislike it in February or June?

Perhaps they don't, but they think of it as "seasonal" fare?  My
BestBeloved likes advocaat, but only drinks it at Christmas, usually
while wrapping presents.

There are enough things to drink that people like that they don't feel
they have to drink them all the whole year round?

They like to restrict it to the holiday season because it makes it seem
"special"?

There are a number of things we only tend to eat this time of year, such
as mince pies.  There's nothing about them that would make them inedible
any other time, but they tend not to be on sale.
--

Marc

The trouble with theocracy is that everyone wants to be Theo.  -- James Dunn