[LMB] Golden General

Walter Bushell proto at panix.com
Tue Dec 30 21:55:41 GMT 2014

On Dec 30, 2014, at 4:11 PM, Jennifer Johnson wrote:

> I always thought that the Golden General might have somehow stolen his
> gift, or perverted it somehow. Towards the end of Chalion, when the
> goddess is drawing the curse 'like thick black wool into her hands.'
>
> 'Another Presence, solemn and gray, waited there, and took it up. And
> took it in. And sighed in something like relief, or completion, or
> balance. <I>I think it was the blood of a god.</I> Spilled, soiled,
> drawn up again, cleaned and returned at last...'

Aha, I grabbed this from an earlier post, because I could obviously not
grab it from a later post: (Laugh In reference) page number from paperback

<http://lists.herald.co.uk/pipermail/lois-bujold/2013-January/114945.html>
420 Cazaril
"'If I had not died in truth, I could not have ripped open the wall
between the worlds, and the goddess could not have reached in to take
back the curse. Which was a drop of the Father's blood, as nearly as I
could tell, though how the Golden General came by such a gift I know
not. That's a metaphor, by the way.'"

Oh, and there is much more there on the subject.

--
Never blame on stupidity what can be attributed to greed.