[LMB] Media Accuracy (WAS OT: Tragedy)

Margaret Dean margdean56 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 21:15:41 GMT 2014

On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 1:48 PM, fishman at panix.com <fishman at panix.com>wrote:

> Sent from my iPad
>
> > On Feb 22, 2014, at 15:26, Lois McMaster Bujold <lbujold at myinfmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > LMB:  Does anyone actually still read newspapers...?
> >
> > Should think TV, radio, and even internet would have more clout/reach.
>  Not to mention money inertia.
> >
> > Ta, L.
> >

> Damned right I read newspapers!!! I do not have a TV set in my house and I
> rarely listen to radio. I read _The New York Times_, _The New York Daily
> News_, and _The Wall Street Journal_ every day.

In this household (I live with my mother) we have The New Mexican delivered
daily, and most days my mother walks into town to get The New York Times.
On Sundays we have them both delivered.  I just cherry-pick, my mother
reads them more thoroughly.

> It is a LOT easier to skip ads in a newspaper than on TV or radio.

Oh, and our TV news we get on PBS.  ;)  But yes, that's very true!

--Margaret Dean, lifetime advertising-ignorer, all media
  <margdean56 at gmail.com>