[LMB] OT: fireflies & bats

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Tue Jul 1 11:46:02 BST 2014

On Tue, 1 Jul 2014 00:50:28 -0400, Jennifer Johnson
<jennifer.johnson2557 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 30 June 2014 12:08, Elizabeth Stowe <estowe427 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> es: We have been enjoying the largest array of fireflies in years. <snip> Hope others of you are sharing our evening pleasure.
>>
> I live very close to some wetlands, which during June nights are lit
>up as far as the eye can see by fireflies. They sometimes remind me of
>the crowd before a concert, taking their photographs while the
>orchestra (in this case one of frogs and beetles) warm up.

*shudder* that reminded me of McCartney's awful "frog chorus".  Ugh.
--

Marc

To understand the workings of American politics, you have to
understand this fundamental law:  Conservatives think liberals
are stupid.  Liberals think conservatives are evil.
  - Charles Krauthammer