[LMB] RoL OT: Moon Over Soho - chapter 1 - Body and Soul

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 8 00:50:59 BST 2014

I love this word chavette. I never thought about there being a female version of a chav (which I think of as a chauvinistic male -- but not just gender chauvinistic, but racial and class and intelligence chauvinistic, if you know what I mean. "He's different! Let's pound 'im into the ground!" sort of guy).

I grew up with several chavettes (unless, being a chavette is a strictly urban phenom). Maybe they were redneckettes.

Micki