[LMB] OT: ANZAC Biscuits or cookies for Bujold listees

Carol Cooper carolcooper at shaw.ca
Fri Jul 11 20:54:53 BST 2014

Roberta Wright wrote
> thanks for the recipe and conversions.
>
> do you have suggestions of substitutions for the golden syrup?  I have
> molasses, light corn syrup, and honey.

Where do you live, Roberta?  We can get Golden Syrup (i.e. cane syrup) in
Canada so if you're in the US but near the border......
Alternatively, I'd say corn syrup is the next nearest - can you get golden
corn syrup?  I might even experiment with a mixture of corn syrup with
molasses, or maybe with some honey - but of the ones you list, corn syrup is
definitely the closest, and will give you the most similar results in terms
of texture, if not in taste (it basically has no taste).  If you use brown
sugar that should help.
Carol