[LMB] OT: Westlake plug (Started 6/10)

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 11 17:32:14 BST 2014

> From: Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk

> On Wed, 11 Jun 2014 07:30:20 -0400, Kevin Kennedy kevink45 at hotmail.com wrote:
> >> I found Brooklyn Public Library has lots of Westlake in ebooks, BUT most of them are only available in ePub format. The only Dortmunder book in Kindle format, which I prefer as I can work with only the iPad and the Kindle, is _Bank Shot_ which I borrowed and will get to as soon as I finish _Grey Mask_, the Miss Silver book that I borrowed on the recommendation of the list. Unfortunately there is SO MUCH traffic on the list that it cuts into my time for reading books. I also have a Nook so I may try some of the other Westlake books if I can figure out how to download them.

> >> Harvey
> >Enjoy Miss Silver.  I like her as much as I like Miss Marple.

> Miss Marple gives an entirely inaccurate impression of the dangers of
> living in the English countryside.  As does a current TV series called
> "Midsomer Murders".
> If that place actually existed, you couldn't get insurance. :)

I think Miss Marple would be perfectly at home in Midsomer. I adore it,
but it's so distracting - the scenery is so lovely, and the cast are having
such fun chewing the scenery, that I totally lose the plot. Not that it's all
that relevant anyway.

They do decimate the population, though.

Oh, and Miss Silver would probably have fun there as well. I can imagine
Maud and Jane together - no villain would dare try anything, they'd be
on to him in seconds.

Gwynne