[LMB] OT: trans issues was mpreg

Damien Sullivan phoenix at mindstalk.net
Sun Oct 5 02:52:20 BST 2014

On Sat, Oct 04, 2014 at 06:00:40PM -0700, Jeff Shultz wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 4, 2014 at 5:32 PM, Damien Sullivan <phoenix at mindstalk.net> wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 01, 2014 at 01:05:44AM +1000, Gwynne Powell wrote:
> >
> >> I didn't follow the whole situation in detail, but I can't understand
> >> how someone with fully functional girl-parts can be a man. Two
> >
> > Because he says he's a man, and identifies as male, despite the body
> > he's been saddled with.
>
> So... based on that logic, if they said they were a goat, and went
> around going Baaaa... would you agree that they were a goat?

If someone said they were a Christian, despite interpreting that
differently than you do, would you call them a Christian?

I wouldn't try to milk the "goat" but if I wanted to be polite to them
I'd likely refer to them the way they want to be called, especially if
they were going to lots of effort to be goaty.

And the transman in question had managed to grow a beard, along with
presumably other markers, so you know, effort had been made.

-xx- Damien X-)