[LMB] Trans issues

Walter Bushell proto at panix.com
Sat Oct 11 21:23:42 BST 2014

On Oct 11, 2014, at 2:59 PM, Matthew George wrote:

> On 10/10/14, Walter Bushell <proto at panix.com> wrote:
>> We have that in America today and not so long ago some dude got a Nobel for
>> inventing lobotomies. Lobotomies were usually done with ice picks. I still can't
>> figure out, if the people were that annoying why not kill them instead? Oh, and some psych
>> boys were advocating > amygdaliaectomies, not much of a person there either.
>
> People deliberately deluded themselves as to what the negative effects
> were.  There was extensive information available as to what frontal
> lobe damage did to people from injuries sustained during WWI.  It was
> ignored.  Some members of the research team that pioneered the
> procedure tried to convince their fellows that they were overlooking
> serious side effects.  They were ignored.

And if you think modern mainstream medicine is free of atrocities of this level,
or greater level may you be lucky in you choice of doctors. Human nature has not
changed from the time of Ignaz Philipp Semmelweis.

Why there are probably such things going on on Beta.

> This happened for the same reason that I can't convinced people at my
> community garden not to make trellises out of PVC pipes, which degrade
> when in UV light and release lead.  They don't want to be
> inconvenienced, so instead of acknowledging the problem and then
> coming up with excuses, they simply refuse to think about the matter
> at all.  If there's no problem, there's no need to rationalize
> ignoring it, right?

Never blame on stupidity what can be attributed to greed.