[LMB] OT: Boys and Girls

beatrice_otter at haugensgalleri.com beatrice_otter at haugensgalleri.com
Mon Oct 13 16:12:22 BST 2014

"Sylvia McIvers" <sylviamcivers at gmail.com> wrote:
> Beatrice, that's all very interesting.
> Do you know wehre the original studies were done?

No, sorry, I don't.  I know I probably saw articles on those studies at
least a year ago, maybe two.  But the thing is, I tend to read a lot of
articles on race and gender relations, so I don't necessarily remember
where I saw it, and a quick look through my bookmarks doesn't show those
particular studies.  I don't think they were from Atlantic magazine, but
they might have been.  On Dreamwidth I follow a lot of feminist sf/f fans,
and they give a lot of links to a wide variety of interesting studies and
articles and things like this, but if you want to find things later it's
not easy.  If I knew who had linked to them, and then spent a while
scrolling back through their entries, I could probably dig it up.

Thinking about it, the one about math grades may have been done in Chicago
or Detroit--midwest big city type place.  But I can't be sure.

Beatrice Otter