[LMB] OT: What mysteries an archivist might read, was Tarr, Warts, etc.

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Fri Oct 24 01:08:43 BST 2014

On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 14:57:57 -0400, Sylvia McIvers
<sylviamcivers at gmail.com> wrote:

>For archivists, how about 'the Steerswoman' by Rosemary Kirstein?
>Information is their stock in trade, and somewhere there is a treasure
>trove of books that needs to be rescued.  Don't go adventuring until you've
>dropped off your most recent information at the archive!
>(OK, that's not the whole plot summary, but it's why I wanted to read the
>next book ;)
>
>Out of print, but there's always kindle.

Some people *really* take the piss:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steerswoman-Kirstein-Rosemary-Market-Paperback/dp/B00IGYSV12

--

Marc

"Media.  I think I have heard of her.  Isn't she the one who killed her children?"
"Different woman," said Mr Nancy.  "Same deal." -  Neil Gaiman, American Gods