[LMB] Blankets & coats

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 28 05:36:06 GMT 2014

> From: DeaconB deaconb at sprynet.com

> On 10/27/2014 5:49 PM, Gwynne Powell wrote:
> > No, this was definitely an overcoat. When the wearer put his hand in
> > the pocket teeth closed on his hand and gradually worked up the body.
> > The story was going for the full sense of dread, ending with the next
> > poor sod finding a rather nice coat lying on the ground, and putting
> > it on, then reaching to check the pockets..... Gwynne (I remember when
> > I had a memory. Well, no I don't, but I know there was a time....) --

> That tripped my memory. It was called 'The Overcoat', by Michael
> Swanwick.  I don't know if it ever showed up in any anthology; I first
> read it in OMMI Magazine in about the mid-'90s.
> Hanofer

The people here are awesome! Thank you.

I don't know why that particular story caught my attention so much,
but for some reason it's stayed in my memory. It's odd how one story
will do that, and often it's not a big, important one, it just resonates,
somehow.

Mind you, how a carnivorous overcoat resonates with my psyche at
the time... probably not a question I want answered.

Gwynne