[LMB] OT: word choices

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 28 23:58:04 GMT 2014

Katherine: The two-year-old in a tantrum stamps his foot first, then stomps off.  Though I could see stamping off too, but it's noisier.

Micki: Oh, that's a good point. I think there can be something weirdly elegant about a stamp, too, compared to a stomp. Elsa, in that famous song from Frozen, definitely stamps her little foot to create a parquet of ice. Not sure about the weight change (btw, thank you Beatrice for that tap-dancing example!); I should watch again.