[LMB] OT: Moldy Oldy Comment and Ghosts.... A thought re: HH

Sue Cone suecone at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 30 13:54:10 GMT 2014

On 10/29/2014 5:08 PM, mmjustus at mmjustus.com wrote:
> Howard:
>> I never could figure out what scares different people.    Certainly no
>> story element is universal here.    And some people will stop reading
>> where others didn't notice anything at all.
>
> And sometimes it's really hard to pin down *why* I'm spooked or angry or
> grossed out.  I quit reading Laurie King's Sherlock Holmes/Mary Russell
> series in the middle of The Game because I suddenly just couldn't handle
> it. It freaked me out, and no, I still don't know specifically what "it"
> was, but I haven't been able to pick the series back up again, even to
> reread the earlier books.  It was one of my favorite series up to that
> book, too.

King's "The Game" freaked me out too...and it's the only one of the
series that I haven't re-read.

Sue

--
Sue Cone and the Chesapeakes
CH/OTCH Getty UDX2, UOCH UUDX Hannah UDX3 OM4 VER

"The issue today is the same as it has been throughout all history,
whether man shall be allowed to govern himself or be ruled by a small
elite."  Thomas Jefferson