[LMB] Questions about Aral's past

Dave McMillan skyefire at skyefire.org
Thu Apr 9 13:39:29 BST 2015

On 4/8/2015 7:27 PM, L Taylor wrote:
> That's probably not uncommon for Barrayar (and is common in "love marriages
> too"), and we don't know if Aral had a relationship with Ges prior to his
> marriage to further complicate that either, but its certainly possible.

     Horrible thought:  might Ges have *set up* Aral's wife in order to
break up her and Aral?  Oh, I doubt he expected her to *kill* herself,
but Ges has a lot of "jealous/jilted lover" in his behavior regarding
Aral.  "Punishing" Aral while also giving him an excuse to fall back
into Ges's arms would seem a very Ges-like thing to do.